Senior HR Advisor (People and Culture)
Cogent is one of the UK's leading suppliers of bovine genetics and operates the UK's largest bull stud. The award-winning company brings innovation to bovine breeding and offers a complete range of solutions to deliver improvement on farms.
Founded in 1995, the company has since developed a global presence, exporting products to more than 40 countries, with a workforce in excess of 160 professional team members, and a head office located in Tattenhall, near Chester.
What will the role of Senior HR Advisor (People and Culture) entail?
Reporting to the Managing Director, as the Senior HR Advisor you will lead on culture practices within the business, fostering a health and wellbeing culture to support all employees. You'll provide expertise and support within the areas of performance management, employee relations, employee engagement, recruitment and retention, policy and procedure development, and HR compliance.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Supporting the management of all employee related matters
* Partnering with internal stakeholders to implement strategies for employee engagement and retention, implementing new and enhancing existing staff recognition and reward programs
* Managing the performance appraisal process and assisting with employee goal development
* Advising and supporting managers with recruitment and selection, including job description preparation, advertising and the coordination of the employment process
* Administering the employee lifecycle, from joining to leaving and exit interviews
* Creating and / or updating HR policies, procedures, and guidelines as needed
* Administering payroll on a monthly basis
* Preparing HMRC reports and delivering to tight deadlines
* Preparing and analysing HR metrics and providing reports that support decision making
* Participating in conferences and educational opportunities, reading industry related publications and maintaining professional networks
What will I need to be considered for this Senior HR Advisor (People and Culture) vacancy?
* Proven experience of working within a Senior HR position, with a dedication to keeping up to date with best HR practices and legislation
* People centric with excellent communication skills
* Strong decision making skills, with the ability to work on multiple complex projects and provide clear and knowledgeable advice
* Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Full UK driving licence to travel between sites as required
What will I receive in return?
As the Senior HR Advisor, you'll be joining a successful and growing business where you'll receive a salary between £30,000 to £35,000, level dependent on experience, and a range of attractive benefits 21 days annual leave increasing to 23 days after 12 months' service and increasing to 25 days after 2 years' service, company matching pension scheme and life insurance.
You'll be employed on a permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, starting at 8:30am and finishing at 5pm. Flexibility to work extra hours is required to meet business needs.
Location: You'll work from our head office in Tattenhall near Chester, with occasional travel to other sites as required.
All applications for this Senior HR Advisor (People and Culture) are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions