As EY are one of the world's leading professional services firms our consultants require some key support in order to service our impressive portfolio of clients across each of our multiple service lines.
As the business grows so does the support functions including our internal workforce planning function Resourcing. We are currently looking for a number of people to join the team on a permanent and fixed term contract basis.
In this pivotal role, you will be part of the UK&I Resource Management Team which is recognised as an integral enabler to the growth of business. Management of resourcing activity within the Corporate Finance Strategy (CFS) and EY-Parthenon teams which sit within the TAS practice. Working to achieve business goals whilst balancing client requirements, individual career aspirations and utilisation targets.
Your key responsibilities
- Proactive liaison with client service staff in the business to understand client/project resource needs and to communicate resource availability
- Identify resourcing solutions taking into consideration the needs of the client, individual skills, resource mix on engagement and the wider needs of the business
- Maintain accurate Retain Enterprise records (in conjunction with the Central Retain team) so that the business has an up to date picture of work allocated and resource availability
- Manage conflicting demands on resources, escalating to the Resource Manager as appropriate
- Analyse weekly chargeable hours figures and alert potential shortfalls/over-utilisation to Resource Manager
- Analyse business forecasting eg chargeable hours, headcount against budget
- Analyse resource data and highlight areas of concern eg significant periods of holidays, training, non-chargeable activities
- Analyse headcount forecasting data including promotions, leavers, joiners etc.
- Attend resource coordinator meetings
- Work with your Central Retain Team Champion to communication of business resource priorities and support with resolutions where required
- Acquire knowledge of individual skills, experiences and personal/professional aspirations and apply this knowledge in resourcing decisions and in maintaining the skills database
- Attend regular resourcing meetings with representatives from the business
- Assist with the performance and counselling process within the business
- Represent Resource Management team on induction activities and coordinate within the business
- Coordination of new joiners and leavers when join/leave the business, including allocation of buddies, local induction input
- Coordination of all leave authorisations including holidays, special leave, unpaid leave
- Coordination of timesheet policy enforcement within the business
- Approval of training requirement against client bookings
- Execution of ad hoc firm wide and business initiatives eg ad hoc bespoke training, people initiatives etc.
- Ad hoc request and projects
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and to communicate competing demands effectively
- Organised with good time management skills
- Confident and resilient to deal with challenges from people within the business
- Good interpersonal skills and able to consult with a wide range of people at different levels
- Proactive communicator and willing to share information
- Exercises good judgement, knows when to flag issues and when to deal with independently
To qualify for the role you must have
The ideal candidate should have an operational, HR or resourcing/recruitment background that can demonstrate adaptability to the role. We are ideally looking for internal recruitment experience but we will consider applications from agency recruitment professionals who can evidence working fast paced hiring professional service candidates.
Ideally, you'll also have
Professional services experience although this is not essential .
What we look for
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus an ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with clients and colleagues from a range of backgrounds and cultures based on knowledge, experience and personal values.We are looking for a driven, organised, conscientious and analytical individual with proven leadership skills working with demanding and senior stakeholders.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for youEY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.