CitySprint are already the UK's leading (and largest) same day courier network but we have even bolder ambitions. Our company vision is to set the pace in the new world of smart delivery, can you help us to get there?
The Head of Courier Recruitment reports into the Operations Director and acts as a senior part of the leadership team. Ultimately, it will be your responsibility to create a recruitment and resourcing plan to drive our courier business forward.
What does the Head of Courier Recruitment do?
As the Head of Courier Recruitment, the role involves developing and delivering our UK courier supply strategy, with the courier experience as a main focal point. Ensuring that CitySprint's values and culture are communicated and that the business has the right tools to build on its objectives and strategies to attract a courier pool that is proud to represent our brand.
You'll be expected to run a team, solving resourcing challenges across the entire organisation and be able to work closely with key Senior Stakeholders and Service Centre Managers across the business. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as you will be liaising with people throughout the business, as well as potential candidates.
Your responsibilities as the Head of Courier Recruitment will include:
- Control and responsibility of the entire self-employed courier supply for the business
- Responsibility for reviewing and looking at job boards, and related advertising channels
- Managing and advising on relevant external courier attraction strategies such as job fairs, expos etc for maximum exposure
- Working internally to build tools to aid the organisation's objectives and strategies
- Using your team's expertise, as well as your own, to solve courier supply challenges
- Ensuring the company culture and values is represented throughout the resourcing process
- Workforce planning and pipelining, in conjunction with the operational team, to ensure that the organisation's seasonal peaks are met
- Build a strategy for a talent pool of self-employed couriers
- Responsible for the continued engagement of self-employed couriers - ensuring couriers have a positive, clear and transparent journey that continues past the initial onboarding
- Delivering reports on the resourcing data and analytics when required
- Adding value to the budget and financial constraints by forming and maintaining top talent teams
- Taking into consideration the organisation's behavior and values, and role modeling these
Courier | Management | Support | Training | Mentor | HR | Human Resources | Reporting | Budget
Head of Courier Recruitment skills and competencies
As Head of Courier Recruitment, it is essential to have several years' experience in recruitment and resourcing in a professional services organisation. You will be extremely passionate & driven about the full resourcing & recruitment experience whilst understanding that self-employed couriers are one of the most important touchpoints in a customer's journey with us. You will also need to be comfortable with managing a team of 7 people and be able to lead and develop your team.
Understanding employment and HMRC legislation and what the requirements are is key, particularly when it comes to adapting and implementing plans and strategies within an organisation. You will have excellent communication and customer service skills and have a good understanding of data and analytics. Whilst managing contractor recruitment may not have been your forte in previous role - you will have a clear understanding of the definitions of 'employment status' and implications for tax and workplace rights.
The Head of Courier Recruitment will be expected to be proficient in the following:
- Strong knowledge and previous experience within a resourcing function
- Strong knowledge of employment status issues and regulation
- Experience in recruitment assessments
- An understanding of diversity and how this impacts and connects with resourcing
- Creating courier resource programmes and implementing a brand which corresponds to the organisation's culture
- Strong relationship building, management and communication skills
- Understanding of data and analytics with an ability to demonstrates to others its impact and return on investment
- Motivating and engaging the team and across the whole organisation
CitySprint are already the UK's leading (and largest) same day courier network but we have even bolder ambitions. Our company vision is to set the pace in the new world of smart delivery, can you help us to get there? We proudly support over 14,000 businesses across the UK with their delivery needs, from same day, UK overnight and international delivery, to life-saving medical deliveries and bespoke logistics solutions. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do; we will never stop putting them first and striving to create connections that are personal. Achieving this, while delivering 15m+ critical deliveries each year, can be challenging - that's why we need you! Our nationwide team are both passionate and dedicated. We offer roles that are extremely varied and we really drive internal promotion as much as possible - CitySprint is a place where you can flourish. Our competitive package includes 22 days holiday (rising incrementally to 25 days after 5 years' service) as well as access to Perkbox, Medicash, Ride2Work Scheme and season ticket loans. We're dedicated to your training and personal development as well; being the best at your job also means that our customers get the best possible experience with CitySprint.