This role will be responsible for capturing & analysing Payroll requirements globally as well as input into the design of integrations or feeds to payroll vendors that may differ across global locations. This position will hold responsibility for all payroll-related requirements within the current HRIS migration project including data feeds to payroll vendors, reporting requirements, design, testing and support of in-house payroll teams.
- Conduct analysis on all process areas (HCM, absence, compensation, benefits etc.) to identify when, how and what information is passed to Payroll systems and how this is processed thereafter.
- Input into Fit-Gap activities undertaken by Process Team to deliver required results.
- Input into technical specification documents detailing activities affecting Payroll processes and solutions undertaken within the HR Delivery Project.
- Work alongside Change Leads to capture scope, level and complexity of change.
- Identify all data requirements, building these requirements into the project deliverables, identifying where workarounds may be required and delivering solutions.
- Undertake payroll related data mapping activities to ensure the accurate passing of information between systems.
- Work alongside integrations specialists, advising on payroll requirements to make sure that all data required is passed in the correct manner and format.
- Ensure end-to-end testing of all project areas captures payroll information delivered from relevant systems.
- Input into reporting considerations, making certain that the Payroll function can access all requirements at all times and also produce information within and outside of the HRIS system (P11D, P45, Payslips etc.).
- Alongside the relevant HRIS Analysts, research and assess changes to existing functionality and any new functionality arising from the bi-annual Workday release cycle that may impact Payroll processes.
- Create functional process guides, training materials and user guides for end users as a result of the aligned payroll model
Skills and Experience
- Ideally, Payroll processing experience in a Global Financial Services organisation
- Ideally HR Systems experience (Oracle or Workday) or an understanding of HR Systems & processes
- Experience of migrating multi-country payroll services to a new platform as part of a Project team
- Experience in the design of, or an understanding of the logic of Integration/Payroll files
- Ability to identify process efficiencies and conduct fit-gap analysis.
- Experience in the continuous improvement of payroll processes for a global organisation.
- Ability to build and maintain good stakeholder relationships.
- Clear communication, particularly when explaining complex technical principles to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training.
- Experience in UAT and regression system testing is an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple deliverables, some larger with longer timelines and others requiring immediate attention and completion.