Solutions for HR is a small but well-established HR and employment law consultancy based in Bury.
We provide outsourced support to a portfolio of commercial, public and third sector clients. Due to expansion we are looking to recruit an experienced HR Consultant to join the team.
The position is part time, over 3 days, Wednesday to Friday.
The ideal candidate will be a versatile, CIPD qualified HR generalist, capable of advising on a wide range of employee relations, operational and strategic HR and employment law areas.
You will demonstrate a commercially focused approach and excel at forming professional and friendly client relationships. You will have the ability to manage a demanding and varied workload while remaining assertive, calm and approachable.
The role will require occasional travel to client sites across the North West.
To apply send a CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role.
The closing date for applications is the 31st January 2018.
Purpose of Job:
Provide strategic HR consultancy and practical operational support
- Provide Employment Law and HR advice to clients via phone, email and face to face contact, producing step by step guidance
- Responsibility for all aspects of transactional HR administration including the drafting of contracts, policies and procedures, letters and all HR related documentation
- Develop employee relations plans, policies and practices for clients, ensuring they are legally compliant and support the achievement of client goals
- Manage complex employee relations cases, advising on resolution, undertaking or supporting investigations as appropriate and facilitating formal proceedings.
- Support clients in making operational efficiency improvements, developing commercial and legally sound business case and strategy.
- Coach clients in understanding and complying with ER policies and practices, ensuring employment disputes are avoided or minimised
- Advise clients on the effective delivery of people change initiatives, ensuring proposals support the wider business strategy and are implemented in accordance with best practice and employment legislation
- Develop client specific HR strategy addressing areas such as engagement, culture, talent development and high performance
- Delivering coaching / training to clients
- Foster constructive relationships with Partners and Associations including Unions, Acas and referral partners.
- Proactively monitor and evaluate own case load to conclusion, identifying any patterns and/or areas of concern.
- Keep updated on changes in employment legislation which may affect clients
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the needs of the business
Key Personal Requirements - Essential
- Generalist HR expert with a track record of advising managers on complex and varied employment issues
- Strong up-to-date employment law knowledge
- Experience of developing people strategy in a forward thinking organisation
- Passionate about excellent customer service
- Proactive in identifying and meeting client's needs
- Understanding of the needs of small and medium business owners/managers
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload for self
- A high level of flexibility
- Ability to work without supervision
- A good level of negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to communicate, work effectively and build relationships with clients and stakeholders at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Effective and confident presenting skills
- CIPD qualified
Key Personal Requirements - Desirable
- Degree in Human Resources
- Chartered member of the CIPD
- Experience of report writing
- Soft skills training experience
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Experience of negotiating settlement agreements
- Knowledge of occupational health
- Good basic knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Experience of working within a professional services organisation