HR Advisor (6 Month FTC) - nr Dorchester - up to £35,000 DOE
Bond Williams are seeking an experienced HR Advisor for a leading FMCG Client based in the outskirts of Dorchester. This is a 6 month FTC to assist with a truly generalist remit.
To support the operation of the Human Resource function ensuring with colleagues that all aspects of the employment life-cycle are effectively managed and administered in line with policy and current legislation and that the payroll operations are effectively managed and actioned for all hourly paid employees on a timely basis.
The post-holder will have proven Human Resources operational and administration experience and be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of HR and payroll.
- Working with departments, assisting managers to understand and advising on the implementation of policies and procedures
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
- Recruiting staff and engaging agency workers- this includes developing or identifying job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, liaising with agencies, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
- Supporting managers in the implementation of HR policy and practice on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary and grievance procedures and absence management
- Advising on pay queries and other remuneration issues
- Drafting documentation and letters to support management of employment issues including offer letters, contracts of employment, personal letters and information notices
- Planning, and sometimes delivering, training, including inductions for new staff
- Monitoring sickness and absence
- Managing maternity leave and flexible working, health issues and long term sickness procedures
- Managing new starters / leavers
- Administering monthly hours worked and collating, checking and validating data to inform payroll
- Ensuring HR records are maintained to an agreed standard
- Any other HR operational or administrative tasks as reasonably required
Skills, Behaviours and Experience
- An ability to communicate well, verbally and written, with all people from all areas of the organisation;
- Up to date and thorough knowledge of all current Employment Law policies and procedures and HR best practice
- Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases;
- Interviewing and appraisal skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly;
- Influencing, persuading and negotiation skills;
- Pro-active and self-motivated;
- Excellent attention to detail.
A salary of up to £35,000 DOE
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency