We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
We are seeking an enthusiastic HR professional who wants to develop their skills across a range of people initiatives, programs and activities.
Your career will have given you exposure to talent and performance management, recruitment and resourcing frameworks, approaches and processes.
Supporting the Group Talent & Resourcing Leader in three key areas: Recruitment and Orientation; Career Direction and Resourcing
The HR Officer - Talent & Resourcing will be working closely with and have key relationships with the Region HR Teams and Arup University.
To support the execution of the Global People Strategy and Region People Plans:
• Support and collaborate on the design and development of the Arup Group On boarding and Orientation Programme, working closely with the HR Programme Manager, assuming responsibility post implementation
• Collaborating with the Global HR Network and IT, contribute to the design of the on boarding process, leveraging existing technology
• Working with the Region recruitment teams; develop the capability of Taleo to drive our recruitment strategy and support our on boarding activities, including our on line presence and use of social media
• Collaborate on the development of the Diversity and Inclusion programme and design of our Global reporting
• Working with the Global Marketing and Communications team on the content of the People Pages of the intranet and Arup.com
• Support the communication, execution and continuous improvement of the Global Policies
• Support and collaborate on the design and development of Performance Management tools and processes
• Support and collaborate on the design of tools for resource and succession planning, leveraging technology where possible
• Working with the Group HR Analyst and Region HR Teams to conduct statistical analyses of employee data to identify demographic trends and communicate these analyses with powerful, impactful messaging and visuals, appropriate for a business audience
• Manage all stages of the Employee opinion survey; planning, administration, execution through to analysis of data and feedback
• Provide support and coordination for Global HR activities and initiatives as required
• Provide holiday cover for the Group HR Analyst
Requirements and skills
• Fully qualified or studying for the CIPD Diploma
• Experience of Talent and Performance Management, Recruitment and Resourcing ideally in a generalist HR role
• Experienced in handling highly sensitive data in a professional manner
• Good written and verbal communication skills, concise and clear
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proficient in PowerPoint; Word and Excel with strong presentational skills
• Have a genuine interest and passion for HR
• A people person, with the ability to build relationships
• Team player. Listens well. Seeks to involve others and collaborate
• Pro-active with strong professional curiosity
• Takes ownership and is accountable
• Enjoys innovating and improving processes/customer experience
• Strong internal customer focus
• Resilient and self-motivated, hands on approach
• Strong personal work ethic
• Flexible, handles ambiguity well
This is a part-time role c20 hours per week - Monday to Thursday 09.30-15.00 (1/2 hr for lunch)
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm's financial performance