We've got a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Employee Relations to join a busy and successful team working in one of the largest UK employers
Reporting to the Retails HR Director, you will partner with our Retail Team to shape and drive the strategic agenda for the divisional business area. This role is extremely varied and works at a pace that is unusual for a specialist role.
The Head of Employee Relations will be responsible for the following;
- Be responsible for coaching and developing ER Specialists, Heads of HR and HRBPs to improve their technical and professional ER skills
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through policies, coaching and advice to improve service levels across their business area
- Building strong and effective relationships and networks with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, across all divisions, to ensure understanding of their business and apply this in the development of practical ER solutions
- Implementation of the long-term ER strategy, through understanding of wider HR strategy, culture, industry and business trends, incorporating legislative developments
- Identify gaps in the capability of operational and HR managers, and promote, implement and review timely solutions to build capacity in managing the employment relationship more effectively, improving the employer brand and levels of colleague engagement
- Advise on complex and escalated ER cases, Employment Tribunal claims and Settlement Agreements where appropriate to ensure litigation is reduced and cost controlled.
- Use effective HR Management Information, key trends and ET learnings to provide solutions to the business to address opportunities for improvement.
- Strong HR experience in a fast paced and demanding environment, ideally CIPD qualified or with equivalent level of HR management experience.
- Experience in or of working closely to generalist HR roles
- Can influence and challenge senior stakeholders to ensure an employee relations environment is created
- Excellent communicator capable of credible, impactful interventions, with coverage of conviction
- A strong track record of delivering excellent results
- Have a strong level of resilience
- Capable of managing multiple tasks, with various stakeholders who have contradicting priorities.
- Leadership skills with ability to motivate individuals
- Experience of managing Employment Tribunals
- Strong understanding of ER and Employment Law in relation to all employment statues, specifically redundancy and TUPE
- Strong commercial acumen and future focused
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse and understand data and information quickly, with good attention to detail
- Factors commercial considerations into advice and seeks opportunities to reduce costs where possible