Post: Business Development Manager
Location: Manchester (office and field based role)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 Basic with OTE £50,000 uncapped
Summary of Post: The primary purpose of the role is to promote the BIoR’s Apprenticeships and professional training to national businesses and organisations in England. This is done by growing our business customer base and learner number each month. You must ensure sales targets are achieved by providing an excellent professional service identifying and meeting the recruitment and training needs of each individual employer and ensuring repeat business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure employers across England are aware of all Apprenticeships and professional training opportunities offered by BIoR Business School.
- The role is entirely new business development.
- To effectively present our services to employers demonstrating how we can assist with the recruitment of a new vacancy as well as offering development opportunities to their existing workforce increasing staff profitability and overall business performance whilst retaining staff.
- To complete Organisational Needs Analysis (ONA) to assist employers in identifying skill gaps, vacancies and training requirements within their business.
- To proactively and flexibly manage employer expectations and relationships with regular communication and the effective maintenance of an excellent working relationship.
- To ensure that all opportunities for the effective marketing and promotion of Apprenticeships and Professional Learning are identified. Approaches will include networking, presentations, attendance of exhibitions and careers events and cold calling as appropriate.
- Developing and delivering sales presentations and proposals to employers to secure new business
- To ensure that all leads are followed up to maximise business opportunities and promote a good reputation for BIoR Business School.
- To maintain close contact and develop relationships with appropriate organisations and business networks, to promote BIoR Business School’s Apprenticeship and professional training opportunities.
- To work on your own initiative to meet challenging targets and undertake a caseload of activities to achieve your set KPIs.
- Cross sell BIoR Professional Membership, seizing all opportunities to offer clients a well-rounded service.
- To participate and contribute to regular team meetings, sharing best practice and positive outcomes.
- To identify own training needs and participate in staff development activities in consultation with your Manager.
- To contribute to the timely production of accurate reports, quantifying employer contact and activity.
- To complete necessary vacancy template whilst liaising to ensure the needs of the employer are met, and the duties to be undertaken by the candidate meet the requirements of the qualification.
- To ensure necessary Health and safety assessments are completed at employer premises for apprentices and work based learners. A H&S qualification can be provided.
- To ensure all contact with businesses and organisations is accurately logged within the required timescale using the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- To undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required, in line with business needs.
For an application form email firstname.lastname@example.org